In Traditional Reiki Ryoho, Reiki practitioner only use 4 hand positions. All of them are treating the head. But in western Reiki, i know more than 18 hand positions. That’s quite different.
It seems, the traditional Usui Reiki Ryoho depends on their diagnostic skill to locate the disease’s source. So they only treat the head for creating mind equilibrium then directly to the disease source.
How about in Gendai Reiki-ho? Sensei doi formulated 12 hand positions, the head positions are the same as Usui Reiki Ryoho. He probably want to adapt western Reiki style treatment with is quite convinient for those who learn Reiki for the first time.
Here are the 12 hand positions:
- For Reiki healing for people, a body is divided into three parts such as “Head, Body Front and Body Back”, and each part has four points which makes a total of 12 points and they are called “the basic 12 hand positions for healing”. Reiki healing is performed on these points in order. ( I will call them the basic positions from now on.)
- Each positions are numbered with a letter – H for positions in Head part, F for positions in Body Front part and B for positions in Body Back part, and numbers from 1 to 4. Following are the brief explanations of the effects with the hand on each position.
- In Head part (H), the energy is sent into the brain from front to back and from left to right so Reiki goes into eyes, nose and the thyroid gland and gives a receiver relaxation and peace.a.
- (Front of the face): Remove the pain in eyes, nose, teeth and chin. Improve concentration and balance, relieve stress, raise your spirituality.
- ( Sides of the face): Balance in the pituitary gland and pineal gland. Adjust hormones in the brain. Remove headache. Balance the left brain and the right brain. Relieve stress. Improve your memory. Widen your consciousness. Improve your intuition.c.
- (Back of the head) The lower part of the brain, the spine, the cerebellum. Improve your language ability, eyesight and colour sensation. Adjust your weight. Relax. Improve your creativity. Release from fear. Improve your penetration and widen your view.d.
Revitalize the circulation of blood, lymph, the throat, the thyroid gland, blood pressure, metabolism. Gain confidence, peace, stability, joy and happiness. Improve your creativity and communication.
Hand Positions on the Front of the Body
Send the energy in from the upper thymus(the centre of immune system) to the bladder and the genitals through each abdominal organ to adjust the balance.
- ( The upper thymus): smooth the blood’s circulation, the heart, the lungs and the thymus gland. Gain confidence and adjust the mental balance, release stress, improve your receptivity. Love, supreme bliss, stability and harmony.b.
- (The upper belly):
Solar plexus Chakra
The liver, the stomach, the gallbladder, the spleen, the digestive system. This handposition helps with anxiety, fear and stress. Channeling chi through solar plexus provides relaxation, peace, balance.
- (The lower belly):
Heal health conditions which involve; the colon, the small intestine, the bladder, the ovary, the womb, the generative organs, the prostate gland, excretion. Heal health conditions which involve sexual organs. This hand position helps to release anxiety, fear and tension. Improve your mobility flexibility and widens your consciousness.
- (Below the belly button)
Heal health conditions which involve the liver; the pancreas, the gallbladder, the spleen, the colon. This hand position helps to reduce stress, release anxiety, and dissatisfaction. It also helps to gain confidence, being receptive and having confidence and strength.
Handpositions on the Back of the Body
The energy flows from the shoulders along the spine to the bottom of the womb through the kidney and the adrenal gland.
- (Sides of the scapula): Same as The upper thymus
Heal health conditions which involve the neck, the mitral valve, the thoracic vertebrae, the lumbar vertebra, the spinal column and the nervous system.
- (The upper back): At the same height as your upper belly.
Heal health conditions which involve the thoracic vertebrae, the spinal colm and the nervous system. Release the tension.c.
- (The lumbar vertebra): The same position as below your belly button on the front.
Heal health conditions which involve the kidney, the adrenal gland, the lumbar vertebra, the spinal column and the nervous system, fulfill life internally.
- (The bottom of the spine): Same as the lower belly position.
Heal health conditions which involve the bones of the lower body such as the bottom of the spine, the coccyx and the pubis and the nervous system.
By all of these, mind and body totally get well balanced in the brain(the nervous system), the excretory gland, the respiratory system, the digestive system, the circulatory system, the digestive system, the circulation system, the urinary system, the sensory system, the generate system, and the muscles and the bones.